Job: Director of Business Intelligence
This posting has expired and is no longer available.
More Jobs at KAR Auction Services, Inc.
- 1 Dealer Service Specialist I (D) - (Job Number: AFC01058)
- 2 Project Manager (Scrum Master) - (Job Number: AUT00544)
- 3 Senior Software Developer - (Job Number: (LA10027)
- 4 Auction Driver - Indianapolis - (Job Number: ADE12025)
- 5 Talent Acquisition Partner I - (Job Number: ADE12024)
- 6 Lot Assistant - Indianapolis - (Job Number: ADE11998)
- View All Jobs
Job Description - Director of Business Intelligence (COR00336)
Director of Business Intelligence(
KAR is an equal opportunity employer. KAR is a drug-free workplace.
The Director of Business Intelligence (BI) is responsible for the leadership and development of the BI strategy and program development. Reporting to the VP of IT, the Director will lead a team that provides business solutions to enable insight to key performance metrics, provide trustworthy information, and facilitate enlightened decision making. This person will effectively translate priorities and projects to the team while driving initiatives to completion.
* Champion and rally the organization around BI and educate senior non-IT executives on the value of BI.
* Continuously refine the information, reporting, and analytical needs of the Company. Develop goals, strategies, and plans needed to achieve the BI vision and build the capabilities to support these goals.
* Build and support BI business cases, BI Return on Investment (ROI)
* Set the strategy and vision for building and maintaining an enterprise level data warehouse.
* Leverage enterprise data to anticipate needs and future opportunities for new and existing products, operational efficiencies, and customer insights.
* Collaborate with sales, finance, and operational teams to support data and analytics across the organization.
* Manage, mentor, and motivate the talented members of the BI team.
* Work with the BI Architecture team and Data Warehouse team to define the requirements and enhancements to support the BI initiatives
* Maintain knowledge of current technology trends to remain technically aggressive in developing solutions.
* Detect opportunities to introduce new business intelligence tools into existing processes.
* Actively research and implement new and innovative strategic assessments and analyses.
* Manage BI communications with our business and IT partners.
Job Requirements & Qualifications:
* Ability to facilitate discussions and drive toward effective decisions
* Strong presentation, verbal and written communications skills
* Strong management and leadership skills with a proactive participative management style
* Exhibits high energy, strategic thinking, collaboration, direct communication and results orientation
* Proficient in all aspects of BI and Information Management processes, technologies and architectures, Cognos experience preferred
* Exceptional ability to lead, inspire, and manage large dispersed teams
* Proven track record in delivering complex solutions to businesses
* 7- 10+ years of experience in Business Intelligence development, strategies, and leadership
* Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Computer Science or related discipline. Advanced degrees are preferred.
* 7+ years SQL Server database development
* 7+ years software development experience